The qualification carries UCAS points and is recognised by higher education providers as contributing to meeting admission requirements to many relevant courses, for example:
- BSc (Hons) in Business and Management
- BA (Hons) in Business and Finance
- BA (Hons) in Business with Human Resource Management
- BA (Hons) and BSc(Hons) in Business Studies
- BSc (Hons) in International Management
- BSc (Hons) or BA (Hons) in Marketing
- BSc (Hons) in Retail Management.
Learners should always check the entry requirements for degree programmes with specific higher education providers. After this qualification, learners can also progress directly into employment, however it is likely that many will do so via higher study. Areas of employment include junior business roles in marketing, administration, finance, financial services, procurement, events management, human resources, and other related areas in the business sector.