16 to 19 Bursary Fund 2022 – 2023 For Years 12 and 13
The Bursary Fund may be able to provide financial support to students aged 16 and less than 19 on 31 August 2022, in order to help them access education. It is vitally important that you read this policy carefully before applying. Returning students who were eligible for the Bursary last year DO NOT NEED TO RE-APPLY for Bursary funding.
Free College Meals
Before applying for the Bursary, you will need to sign into your College Google account. You will also need to read the Bursary and Free College Meals Policy 2022-23 and send in the form with the correct evidence, as outlined in the policy. Once you have completed this, please complete the relevant form below:
General Bursary Application Form: https://forms.gle/gYM3faRszf5uB6Ks8 (will only work if you are logged into your student Google account)
Enhanced Bursary Application Form (only for students in care, care leavers or in receipt of Universal Credit in your own name): https://forms.gle/Bc9BYZW8shp3YRAW9 (will only work if you are logged into your College Google account)
It is important that students make early applications for 16 – 19 Bursary funding, as there is a limited amount in the fund for 2022 - 2023. Once the funding has been used, the College will be unable to offer further financial support.
To qualify for free meals students must be in receipt of, or have parents/ guardians who are in receipt of, one or more of the following benefits:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided they are not entitled to Working Tax Credit) and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190, as assessed by HMRC
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit with net monthly earnings not exceeding £616.67 according to the most recent statement
- Free School Meals in School
Care to Learn
Students who are young parents can apply to the Care to Learn scheme. More information.
There are no tuition fees chargeable to full-time students from within the European Union for those under 19 years of age on 1st September 2022 .