Travel & Tourism BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma
Course type: BTEC/UAL Level 3 Extended Diplomas • Awarding/exam body: Edexcel
Equivalent to 3 A levels.
This course is designed for students who want to continue their education through applied learning and who aim to progress to higher education and ultimately to employment, particularly in Travel & Tourism or related industries. All Travel & Tourism students are encouraged to study a modern foreign language. Languages offered at SFX are: Italian, French, Spanish and Portuguese.
Unit 01: Investigating the Travel and Tourism Sector
Unit 02: The Business of Travel and Tourism
Unit 03: The UK as a destination
Unit 04: Customer Service in Travel and Tourism
EXAMPLES OF FURTHER UNITS
• Marketing Travel and Tourism Products and Services
• Preparing for employment in Travel and Tourism
• European Destinations
• Long-haul Travel Destinations
• Retail Travel Operations
• Business Travel operations
• Responsible Tourism
• Tour Operations
• Specialist Tourism
• Working as a Holiday Representative
• Passenger Transport for Travel and Tourism
• Work Experience in the Travel and Tourism sector
Students will be continually assessed using a range of different types of coursework. Some assessment is done through practical activities like role play and presentations.
The qualification is recognised by higher education providers as meeting admission requirements to a variety of degree courses. In addition, learners will develop transferable and employability skills such as self confidence, self-presentation, interpersonal skills and time management; all of which are valuable and highly regarded for degree study and in the professional world.
5 GCSEs at Grade 4 including English language OR Maths
BTEC Level 2 Diploma in Travel and Tourism (or related area) with Merit
- Attending workshops at British Airways on customer service and work readiness.
- Educational trips to complement classwork, for example ‘mystery shoppers’ at Museums to assess customer service.
- Attend educational talks at Thorpe Park on Guest Care and Marketing.
- Practical activities (role plays, presentations, displays) which are useful when starting to work.
- Work experience